Tuesday 13 May 2014

Eat, Sleep, Behave, Repeat.

This guy I live with knocked on my door in the early hours, half cut. I did my best to support him and lift his spirits. Perhaps he's already had a few too many. My puns are terrible. He apologised and admitted it was probably a bad idea for him to bother me at this hour, or contact me at all for that matter. He started telling me about some girl I knew at work that he had been dating, and why that ended. He apologised again, and said, "I'm sorry for using you" By now, I said, "It's okay, you're all the same. I don't care any more."
What did he want? I asked. "I'm lonely" he said. I explained that it was fine to ask for help when in need, every one needs an outlet, and I suggested blogging or writing or something. But no, it doesn't really suffice face to face conversation, nor does it even touch on serving the right framework for battling mental anguish.

After he left, I was tossing and turning trying to sleep, but I couldn't help but worry what he would do next. Providentially, he's appeared in the kitchen this afternoon, so my fear that he would do something stupid to himself, proved to be false. Hurrah.

As for myself, I have been moping around mostly. Blankly dismissing any text messages I receive, unwilling to speak to any one at the moment. I just want to be by myself. In my room. Alone.

It is one of the games my old friend plays with me. And that's okay. I don't mind today. 
Tomorrow I will be going into college to finish my article. Then I will produce some bs report on our studio project which my tutor agrees has been, somewhat a small disaster. And that's okay too. Because he said I'd pass to next year any way.

I have been listening to Amy Winehouse all day, not thinking about too much. Just existing in this bubble I've safely made for myself. Some might say spending too much time in solitude is unhealthy. But after the war I've fought, I'm not so quick to agree. 

So I saturated all the gloom, and floated like a lead balloon, I traced my mind back to the moon, I know I won't be returning soon; No matter what I try to do, it always comes back down to you, I live in mania but I'm making friends, one life begins, and another ends. - SW

 This is just one little hybrid of prose I like to crap out from time to time.

What on earth shall I do with myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment